Partnering for Success
Principal, Pittsburgh Office
Leonard has been in the private practice of law since 1976, specializing in real estate acquisition, leasing, corporate law, banking, and finance. Since 1980, he has been actively engaged in the construction, development, and management of various commercial real estate projects.
Principal, Pittsburgh Office
Andrew has been involved with the development and management of real estate projects since 1984. After working extensively on large mixed-use land development projects in the Carolinas, he returned to Pittsburgh in 1988 to focus on assembling a real estate portfolio.
Managing Principal, Nashville Office
Terry Stevens, the sole principal of the Stevens Group, is the Managing Principal of the Silk & Stewart Development Group's office in Nashville, TN. Mr. Stevens has earned his CCIM designation, and has been active in the real estate and construction business for over 29 years. Starting in 1977 as a homebuilder, Terry currently specializes in project management, development, leasing and sales of income producing properties. The Stevens Group was established in 1992 as a full service, commercial real estate firm. Throughout the years, the Stevens Group has been successful in landlord and tenant representation, leasing, acquisitions, development and construction management.
The Silk and Stewart Development Group was founded in 1989 by Leonard Silk and Andrew Stewart. Silk and Stewart develops, leases and manages commercial properties. Their principal objective is capital preservation and appreciation through the purchase and development of high quality commercial properties. These properties typically generate current income from operations and realize appreciation in value from resale. Properties are located in well-established growth markets, including the western Pennsylvania metropolitan area, middle and western Tennessee and the greater Phoenix, Arizona metropolitan market. Messrs. Silk and Stewart are responsible for the development and management of approximately 40 properties comprising over 1,000,000 square feet of space. Projects that are currently under development include retail community shopping centers in western Pennsylvania, Arizona and Tennessee.
With all of our partners – tenants, lenders, and investors – we build long-term relationships. In that context, we have developed a business strategy that not only achieves results, but also helps us to build and maintain strong ties to our partners:
- Careful Asset Selection
- In choosing a project site, we assess the potential of each location for the long-term success of our partners.
- Quality Construction
- We build our properties with high quality materials and qualified contractors. As a result, they're solid, attractive and long-lasting.
- Leasing Relationships
- We build relationships with our tenants, working collaboratively with them to construct the space they need within their time and budget constraints. Our dedicated management team provides excellent service, with integrity and professionalism.
- Intelligent Financing
- Our financing strategy is long-term, fixed rate mortgages to manage exposure to interest rate.
- Consistent Returns
- Our projections are calculated realistically. We strive to minimize capital risk, and meet the stated criteria of each individual project. Our investors are our partners, and we put ourselves on the line for them, investing in every one of our partnerships.
In The News
- Cranberry Corporate Center, At The Corner Of Main And Main, Cranberry Today, page 9 of the Summer, 2012 edition. There is also a short video of Andrew Stewart describing Silk & Stewart's positive experience doing business in Cranberry.
- Partnership equals success for Silk & Stewart, Pittsburgh Business Times, from the December 4, 2009 print edition.
- Silk & Stewart Development Group buys industrial park warehouse in Marshall, Pittsburgh Business Times, from the November 16, 2009 print edition.
- Federal North goes on block, seller wants $47.5 million, Pittsburgh Business Times, from the June 27, 2008 print edition.
- Rubinoff Co. sells Cranberry flex park for $18.8M, Pittsburgh Business Times, from the April 18, 2008 print edition.
- Commercial side of real estate continues to explode, Phoenix Business Journal, from the July 28, 2006 print edition.
- Development firm opening in Phoenix, Pittsburgh Business Times, from the July 20, 2006 print edition.
- Stevens to build retail center off Mallory, Nashville Business Journal, from the April 28, 2006 print edition.
- Hacks Cross retail center draws $10 million sale price, Memphis Business Journal, from the May 6, 2005 print edition.
- Pittsburgh firm launches second center, Memphis Business Journal, from the October 18, 2002 print edition.
- White elephant Federal North finally finds owner, tenants, Pittsburgh Business Times, from the May 10, 2002 print edition, frontpage article.
- Retail center in the works for Wolfchase outparcel, Memphis Business Journal, from the May 4, 2001 print edition.